I have 9+ years of full-stack web development experience, with a recent focus on backend systems and DevOps. I have written code used by millions of people. I am looking for a software engineering position in a small and ambitious startup where I can combine my strong technical skills, innovative ideas, and my passion, to contribute to the development of successful next-generation technologies and services. An ideal position would allow me to expand my knowledge into new technologies, languages, and responsibilities.
Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Redis
DevOps: AWS, Linux, Docker, Ansible, Serverless architecture
Game Your Game, Inc.
April 2017 - Present
San Fransisco, CA
Game Your Game is an IoT company in the sports industry. The company has developed innovative hardware products that use machine learning to detect movement patterns, and a backend system and mobile app that displays, stores, and analyzes a golfer’s game. My responsibilities included everything related to the backend.
- Designed and developed new API's as Node.js micro-services, while maintaining a legacy PHP codebase and associated databases.
- Significantly reduced AWS costs by over 43% through containerizing applications, reorganizing the cloud infostructure, and eliminating wasteful usages of resources.
- Built several internal tools (React/Node) for the engineering team that dramatically enhanced everyone’s productivity and enjoyment.
2014 – 2016
- Worked, part-time, on various web development projects for new and former clients in my network while working on personal projects.
jQuery), but implemented using real prototype inheritance instead of “dollar
sign” function wrappers. Benchmarks showed significant performance improvements
website from scratch and tried to promote it, albeit unsuccessfully.
- Stayed up to date on latest web technologies through personal projects and tech meetups in the San Francisco Bay Area.
MediaNet Group, Inc. (dubli.com)
Senior Developer, Full-stack
2011 – 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
My duties included programming, database architecture (DBA), software design, and Linux server administration. As one of the company’s senior engineers, I made important technical decisions and oversaw a small team. I designed and programmed a distributed automated backend system (PHP/C++/Bash) that harvested, analyzed, and updated a MySQL database with many millions of records and implemented a search engine for it using Sphinx.
iDV8 Inc. (dizzler.com)
Lead Developer, Full-stack
2007 – 2011
- Developed and launched the 2nd most popular (in 2011) mobile music application (app) on the Google Android phone using Java and PHP. Because I had little prior experience with Java or the Android SDK, this project’s success depended upon my ability to teach myself new skills quickly.
- Engineered, in PHP and MySQL, the web crawler, indexing engine, and search engine that made dizzler.com the most comprehensive music search engine on the web in (in 2011), with more songs and better search results than Project Playlist and AOL’s songs.aol.com site.
- My success at this position led to my appointment at Dizzler.com. The owner of Mission E-Commerce described me as “one of the best programmers I’ve ever hired.”
Associates Degree of Arts (AA)